Another New Year's Resolution per chance?
Ok, well maybe, perhaps, we'll see... ;)
(but I WILL NOT set myself up for failure & try to blog every day...I'm not THAT crazy...most days.)
Thought #5: I have a new favorite store...Hobby Lobby. Yep, we Arizona folk have finally been blessed with this rockin mecca of crafty, home decory goodness. My mom, sisters (and little B) spent a lovely hour there on Saturday. Ooooh what delights. It is like Michael's and Joann's all rolled into one. I'm addicted. Of course all I could think about was stuff for the business, but that is pretty general these days. Who knows maybe I'll actually buy something for THE HOUSE next time I go. Now that would be a novel idea.
Originally published in 1954, it is a LONG, epic, historical story that I'm absolutely loving. I couldn't even find it in the library, but ended up borrowing it from a friend. It is GOOOOOOOOOOOOD. Best book I've read in a LONG time.
Thought #7: And still speaking of reading, me & miss Z are enjoying this:
Totally takes me back to when I was growing up. I am LOVING that Z is into the chapter book thing now. We have read so many fun ones together lately, the Junie B books, Wizard of Oz, Charlotte's Web, Trumpet of the Swan and Stuart Little to name a few. Good times.
And now I am hearing the sounds of awakening...goodness it is going to be a long day. Make it a happy one. Ciao!
Here are a few of us at the end of our whirlwind weekend....the SPECTACULAR Cheryl Muhr, the oh so hip, fun & uber cute Lindsay S. (direct from the UK), one of my new VERY bestest friends who is like me is sooooooooo many ways & who I wish was my next door neighbor....the gorgeous Rachel T. & me.
Stay tuned for some of the images from my fun filled weekend....
Doesn't she look like she is ice skating here? :D
And of course, who can resist a closeup....LOVIN' those pouty lips...smooch!
Don't you just LOVE how they hold up their little arms for balance???
AND since chubby thighs are only acceptable in babyhood & because those toes are so irresistibly delicious...here is my favorite shot of the day....
(Miss J I LOVE you too, but I know you'd NEVER forgive me if I posted the pics I have of you! I resisted scanning some really cute ones from 6th grade. HELLO BANGS! ;) I REALLY need a current one of you in all your gorgeousness. Happy Day my friend!)
(in case you were wondering, it was crazy hair day.)
Silly girl. :)
P.S. As I prepared to write this post, I discovered that the only pictures I have of you are carving the turkey at Thanksgiving...which, as you can see, leave a little to be desired. heeheehee. Watch out, my camera & I will be on the prowl!!
Sweet cousin E's first Easter...
Little cousin A always runs away when I point the camera his way, caught this one though. He & B look so much alike, they could be siblings...Now we get down to business...
I LOVE this face!!!
Now, why does it seem like I always get a shot like this??? Hmmm, wonder if my kids ever get sick of being photographed?
21. I love surprises, giving & receiving....lucky me my sweet hubby surprised me with a night out tonight! Thanks honey! I even got to have my favorite food which is...
22. LOBSTER. I LOVE lobster. I also love scallops & crab. Seafood ROCKS!!
23. I love just talking with my kids. They say the most hilarious, thought provoking & surprising things everyday.
24. I am a registered nurse, specializing in Labor & Delivery, although I haven't worked in 2 years. Someday I will go back.
25. I LOVED school, especially college.
26. I am obsessive about gift wrapping. I love cute wrap, matching ribbon & making matching handmade cards.
27. Although I only have it a few times a year, I LOVE Cherry Coke...mmmm had one today (for my birthday of course!)
28. I love color. I have NO white walls in my house. Ok, actually, the closets are still white.
29. I enjoy burning yummy smelling candles, especially Gold Canyon ones. My favorite scents are spicy ones like Cinnamon Vanilla.
30. I am astounded by beauty in the world every day, from the mountains to the clouds in the sky, to the color of the flowers, to my baby's smile, I notice.
31. I'm ok with being in my thirties. :)
The flowers were absolutely GLORIOUS!!!
Me & B...before she conked out...
Another awesome discovery...
My pretty Z, giving 2 seconds to the camera before she's off & running again...
We made it to the top! I was a little leery of balancing my fourth child (my camera) on the edge of a mountain cliff...so no family shot this time. Now get out there & enjoy the sunshine Arizonans...before it gets TOOOOOOOOOOO HOT!!!