Tuesday, July 1, 2008

July 1...Random thoughts

I am up at the insane hour of 5:45 am, and have been up for a whole hour. Can't sleep, must be all that Coke I've been drinking lately...BAD Jen....or possibly little L kicking me in the face as I tried to sleep. Will that boy EVER sleep the night through in his own bed...sigh. Anyways, I figured I might as well post on my sorely neglected little blog.

*Thought #1: We are off to San Diego today. Most beautimous of places. I am thrilled to be leaving the horrendous, scorching heat behind, but must say that I do not relish the though of traveling 6-7 hours with my 16 month old...love her soul. True to her age, she is a busy bee & will probably have a difficult time sitting still for so long. I am having painful flashbacks of last years drive when our little peanut screamed almost the entire way home...but it'll be better this time...right? But she's cute anyway. :)


*Thought #2: Z lost her first tooth on Saturday. It has been loose for a few weeks since she took a voracious bite of a big green apple (her favorite) and made it "wiggly". She walked in from the front yard & said, "Look Mom." In her palm lay the TEENIEST, TINIEST little tooth EVER! Are they SERIOUSLY THAT SMALL??? I hugged her & we got all excited, but I felt that little jolt in my heart as she skipped away. My little girl is growing up. Another milestone. Bittersweetness. (yes I DID take a picture of her with her cute little gap...but my Mom has it...MOM! I need it! :D)


Thought #3: I am ashamed at the state of my office. It is a pit of despair. Seriously. Piles & piles EVERYWHERE. I think my goal for the month (for the few weeks we are in town) needs to be to clean out this space so that my mind can breathe a little bit better. Maybe when I get home I'll post a before & after pic...no promises, but surely that would motivate me.
Thought #4: Who knew that starting a small business would consume absolutely every particle of brain cell in one's head. Just an FYI for those of you who were unaware. Joyful obsession.

Thought #5: I have a new favorite store...Hobby Lobby. Yep, we Arizona folk have finally been blessed with this rockin mecca of crafty, home decory goodness. My mom, sisters (and little B) spent a lovely hour there on Saturday. Ooooh what delights. It is like Michael's and Joann's all rolled into one. I'm addicted. Of course all I could think about was stuff for the business, but that is pretty general these days. Who knows maybe I'll actually buy something for THE HOUSE next time I go. Now that would be a novel idea.

Thought #6: Speaking of novels, I'm reading a GOOD one. Katherine by Anya Seton.

Originally published in 1954, it is a LONG, epic, historical story that I'm absolutely loving. I couldn't even find it in the library, but ended up borrowing it from a friend. It is GOOOOOOOOOOOOD. Best book I've read in a LONG time.

Thought #7: And still speaking of reading, me & miss Z are enjoying this:


Totally takes me back to when I was growing up. I am LOVING that Z is into the chapter book thing now. We have read so many fun ones together lately, the Junie B books, Wizard of Oz, Charlotte's Web, Trumpet of the Swan and Stuart Little to name a few. Good times.


And now I am hearing the sounds of awakening...goodness it is going to be a long day. Make it a happy one. Ciao!

9 comments:

linda crandall said...

I loved this post! I learned a lot about you...we have some similar interests...who knew!

Mari said...

Oh how I know that insomnia feeling. I can't have caffeine after noon. Cute post though, it's good to know what you're up to!

Rachel Clare said...

What am I going to do without Jen for 6 whole days? :)
I'm sorry you were up so early, I love it that you have a Hobby Lobby now, I can't wait to get Brynn and Rowan together, the thought of a child losing a tooth WIGS ME OUT, and I'm totally going to find that book.
And I DO understand about the passion for the new business... WOAH.

Have a FANTASTIC TRIP!

♥Alyssa♥ said...

Awww i just have to smile when i see those pics. they are so adorable... it makes me want to take pictures but i dont have anything close to your talent so i will leave it to u. oh and if i do find the perfect dress/outfit in utah for my "photo shoot" i will probably call u. just for a forwarning. haha

Allyson said...

what a fun post.....hope your trip is super fun, can't wait to hear about it!

Rachel Clare said...

Let's see some Cali pictures, eh? :)

Crystalyn said...

so happy to find your "blog" blog again. i love your photos. all of them. when you come to utah will you take photos of us...pretty please? oh, and pretty please come to utah!

glad you're back!

(and how do you read with everything else you're doing?!!?)

Patrice said...

Okay, Jen. It's time for an update! I keep popping over to see what on in your life. Of course, I always get a smile from the pictures!

Lizzy said...

Jen, you've got an adorable Family and blog! I miss you and Ames! maybe you could take some pictures of my family when we come for Christmas? will you be in town? I want to know more about your business! e-mail me sometime when you've got a minute (ha ha:)
bloomin9@juno.com