Sunday, October 26, 2008

Saying Goodbye to the Blankie


It all started when little Z was about 2...somehow she became tremendously attached to a beautiful soft, pink blanket that her Great Grandma N made her (thanks Grandma!!). That blanket has pretty much never left her side since...well ok SHE DOES go to school, dance, friend's, etc without it...but at home and ESPECIALLY at night, it has been a constant companion. Once a few years ago we left it in a hotel by accident and had to have it shipped home asap....

Alas, the time has come to retire this faithful friend. It has been sewn and resewn and is basically in shreds....Z has taken to climbing inside it lately & cuddling up with the lining & batting. Bless Grandma L who made Z
a new blankie for her birthday this year. She is already cuddling up with her new friend & had no trouble tossing the old one. I did, however, HAVE to document this event...this blanket did get us all few its share of illnesses, long nights & sad days.
P.S. I HAD to convert these pictures to black & white as the color of this blanket is....ummm....well lets just say it is no longer pink. ;)

6 comments:

Rachel Clare said...

NO! These stories honestly make me sad... however, I get TOTALLY attached to inanimate objects, so, that probably explains my hesitation in you tossing it! Did you put it in a box or actually toss it?

Z. is so dang beautiful.

dustin and amy said...

That is so sweet, all my kiddos are blankie kids. They all give them up when they turn about 5, on their own, lucky me. Brody and Embry still hang on to theirs. BTW our family picture is from the same group that we had taken last October, I have just never used it or posted it. But, I absolutely love it.

Joyce A said...

Oh, that reminds me of my kids favorite blankies too. Jodi's was a collage of dogs! It was in shreds too. Thos were the days my friend.

Lori said...

Too cute! Fun event to cherish all the nights it comforted her!

linda crandall said...

Ah too cute. My kids never had anything they were attached too like that. At least you have the cute pics for memory :)

Again awesome pics :)

Lisa said...

Z is so pretty! She is getting so grown up!