Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Exploring Arizona--Part III

I've been away far too long! I'm finally getting around to posting about our most recent Arizona Adventure to Usery Park. Spring has sprung in the desert & with the GORGEOUS weather we've been having lately, we decided to enjoy the desert in bloom while we had the chance. We hiked the Merkle & Vista Trails at Usery Park with no mishaps and a good time had by all...even little B who fell asleep in the carrier...arms flailing & head bobbing. AND I took a zillion pictures as usual...
The Lovely Trail...


The kids...blazin' the trail....they were HARD to keep up with!

Our method of water storage/transportation...


The flowers were absolutely GLORIOUS!!!


Me & B...before she conked out...


L & I loved this COOL "green" rock...

Another awesome discovery...


My pretty Z, giving 2 seconds to the camera before she's off & running again...

We made it to the top! I was a little leery of balancing my fourth child (my camera) on the edge of a mountain cliff...so no family shot this time. Now get out there & enjoy the sunshine Arizonans...before it gets TOOOOOOOOOOO HOT!!!

8 comments:

dustin and amy said...

Love the pictures! You are amazing! You are right, we were just out riding bikes and the weather is wonderful!

Jessica said...

j- you look so...pretty in that picture!

that is all i want to say.

kristie said...

This is the time of year that you can actually enjoy Mesa!

I am trying to get going on the exploring Utah. I wanted to do somethng this weekend (Jacob has no school and Joe has no work on Friday, but Joe trumped that with yard work. Maybe we'll sneek in a little trip somewhere!

linda crandall said...

Hey - glad to have you blogging again ... Awesome pic's ... Being away from AZ so long you forget their is beauty in the dessert.

Marilyn said...

Welcome back! Loved the photos. Everyone looks gorgeous. I am trying to convince dad we need to go out there and hike on Friday....P.S. shhhh-everyone tomorrow is Jen's birthday!!!

Lisa said...

It looks like you had a great time!! Amazing pictures Jen. You are soooooooo talented!! Such a cute family!

linda crandall said...

Hey...how come you didn't tell us it's your Birthday today?

Happy Birthday!

Allyson said...

Looks like fun. I love when the desert is green. And Happy Birthday----22young right????