Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Me, You & a Whole Lotta Poo

Photobucket
"Ahh, the joys of motherhood. At times I find it absolutely unbelievable that I have been changing diapers for nearly 6 years straight. Since we are on "the 2 year plan" we have always had a new baby before the older child gets fully potty trained. (happily at the present time I am only changing ONE behind). Most days I don't even notice it, most days it is just part of the routine...so much a habit that it becomes almost like breathing...ok maybe not THAT routine.

But today has been one of those messy, crazy diapers days that remind me of how many 100s of diapers I have changed over the years. Poor little B has had a bit of the stomach flu since yesterday. Luckily she seems to be on the mend today...but not without a few, ahem, minor mishaps. We went through the first outfit by about 9 am...bye bye cute pink pants, hello jeans & off to L's allergist appointment. Since she IS getting better, we had no more problems until I went to grab her from her crib after nap time. We needed to be at the bus stop pretty much at that moment to pick up Z, but HELLO, we weren't going anywhere. Thankfully Aunt H who lives only minutes away was able to pick up Z before the bus driver got too nervous....(they don't let the little Pre-K kids off the bus until a family member is there to pick them up.)

So being the good little mommy I am, I allowed little B to roam around in her birthday suit for awhile. (There is nothing better than air for those poor little red bottoms don't ya know). Yipes, that lasted all of 15 minutes...and then she was into the tub & I was pulling out the steam cleaner. Oh, B I'm sooooo glad you are feeling better. For both our sakes.

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

Don't think about how many diapers you have changed. It will make you depressed-just like I used to count how many months I was pregnant 7 x 9 months + one miscarriage=? years.....arghhhhh, then add the lactating months...I can't multiply that high....then divide and figure out the years...

kristie said...

We deal with a whole lotta poo everyday. Owen has at least 3 and maybe up to 6 dirty diapers a day. Enjoy only changing 1-2 dirty diapers a day.

jen said...

Wow Kristie! That stinks! (literally I guess) I'm couting my blessings.

Allyson said...

Sweet "B"----poor bum, poor mom, poor carpet.

Ahh the stories moms can tell about poo.

Hope she feels better soon!!!

linda crandall said...

I remember those days! I am soooooo glad I don't have any more diapers!

Hang in there!

dustin and amy said...

Hey Jen, it's Amy Johnson. I found you on Lindsey's blog. I'm sorry to hear about your poo issues. I would take poo over vomit any day though. I'm excited to keep in touch with you this way!