Thursday, March 20, 2008

31 Things About Me

Soooo, yeah, it's my birthday...gosh they aren't quite the same as they used to be when I COULDN'T WAIT to get another year older. These days I'm happy if the kids are good & I don't have to cook...both of which are working out pretty well so far, minus B not feeling too well...but that is the life of a mom, right? Anyways, I thought I'd share a few tasty tidbits about myself, just in case you wanted to know. (I know you are on the edge of your seat, aren't you?) So without further adieu...31exciting insights into yours truly. (Betcha can't guess how old I am can you)...

1. My favorite color is green...pretty much all shades.

2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE photography...but you already knew that.
3. I clip coupons & subscribe to CouponSense.

4. I watch VERY little TV, but my one guilty pleasure is Grey's Anatomy, however, since the writer's strike I've been enjoying American Idol.
5. My favorite thing about people is their EYES. The windows to the soul. It is my favorite thing to capture in photographs (second oddly enough is feet--especially baby feet). They tell so much about a person (their eyes that is, lol).
6. I very much ENJOY silence...I hear it soooooo rarely.
7. I will buy anything generic EXCEPT Tide, Downy & Bounce...there is NO substitute for CLEAN, FRESH smelling laundry.

8. I wish I had a better sense of style....sometimes I just feel dorky.
9. I have a bad habit of beginning projects & never finishing them...thus my new years resolution of "being a finisher"...its going....uhhhh....ok. :)
10. I LOVE bubble baths, especially when its cold outside, with a treat & a good book.
11. One of my favorite nights of the month is Book Club. I LOVE to read & I LOVE my book club girlfriends!! They are sooo fun.
12. My worst habit: Biting my nails, especially when I'm anxious. I hate that I do this.
13. I am VERY nonconfrontational. I hate to fight or hurt people's feelings.
14. I think scrapbooking is fun...I especially love the paper, but I can never find time to do it.
15. I waste most of the little free time I have on the computer, especially on photography boards and blogs or playing around in PhotoShop.
16. If I could afford to decorate my whole from Pottery Barn....I SOOOOOOOOO would.
17. There are few things more satisfying to me that a clean house, especially the refrigerator, kitchen sink & toilets...who knows why.
18. I LOVE date nights with my husband. I talk his ear off.

19. Someday I want to travel the world (& take lots of pictures of it).
20. I have a HUGE sweet tooth. Dangerously huge, especially for chocolate, so I was seriously excited when my kiddos brought these (hand picked I might add) into me this morning...

21. I love surprises, giving & receiving....lucky me my sweet hubby surprised me with a night out tonight! Thanks honey! I even got to have my favorite food which is...

22. LOBSTER. I LOVE lobster. I also love scallops & crab. Seafood ROCKS!!

23. I love just talking with my kids. They say the most hilarious, thought provoking & surprising things everyday.

24. I am a registered nurse, specializing in Labor & Delivery, although I haven't worked in 2 years. Someday I will go back.

25. I LOVED school, especially college.

26. I am obsessive about gift wrapping. I love cute wrap, matching ribbon & making matching handmade cards.

27. Although I only have it a few times a year, I LOVE Cherry Coke...mmmm had one today (for my birthday of course!)

28. I love color. I have NO white walls in my house. Ok, actually, the closets are still white.

29. I enjoy burning yummy smelling candles, especially Gold Canyon ones. My favorite scents are spicy ones like Cinnamon Vanilla.

30. I am astounded by beauty in the world every day, from the mountains to the clouds in the sky, to the color of the flowers, to my baby's smile, I notice.

31. I'm ok with being in my thirties. :)

9 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hope you had a happy day! Love the 31 things. Love you too!

linda crandall said...

Wow Jen! You are an awesome individual!

I wish that I was in AZ...I miss my family, all of them! I'm glad I started a blog. I am getting to know all of you over again!

I think you are a great woman - keep it up :)

Allyson said...

I enjoyed your 31 things. You are amazing. Glad you had a nice birthday!

kristie said...

I learned some things about you that I didn't know. One being that you are one year OLDER than me!!! I don't know about you, but sometimes I feel like I should still be in high school. When did I grow up?

Mari said...

Good job thinking of 31 things. I hope you had a wonderful birthday!! I am with you on the love of seafood by the way. Every year on my birthday Tyson takes me to Red Lobster. I'm pretty sure I'll never tire of that tradition!

Amy said...

Jen, you are GORGEOUS! And I love the 31 things. I'm going to copy you and do that on my birthday...only it'll be 26 things. Ha ha. Well, I guess I shouldn't laugh. I'll be there someday too.

Lisa said...

I hope you had a great Birthday!! I loved your 31 things about you! I love your cute blog, it is always interesting and I feel like I get to talk to you often, even though we rarely see each other! Have a GREAT Easter!!

dustin and amy said...

I can't believe how much alike we are! I really enjoyed reading your 31 things! I love the one about talking with your kids, I agree 100%.

Lois said...

This was way fun reading and getting to know more about you! LOVE chocolate especially Dark and Godiva is one of my favorites also!
Seafood too - have you tried Wildfish or Roy's? If not, these places rock and have seafood so fresh you'll want to eat there everyday!!! : )