Monday, March 31, 2008

A Good Day

I must say it has been a positively lovely morning for me. Why, you might ask...after all it is Monday...weekend is over...back to the grind. Actually I really like Mondays. Monday is usually my cleaning day & I love a clean house. Monday means we get back to our schedule & I love being on schedule. Monday means family night, which our kids LOVE & which always brings me back to what is most important. HOWEVER today is an unusual Monday.
This morning I got to hang out with one of my VERY bestest friends in the world...the divine Miss J...who has been my friend for over 20...yes 20....years. We got PEDICURES!! I love pedicures, but never get them because I can't justify the expense. However, today I had a gift card from my birthday (thanks R&C!!) and so I indulged. I even got a flower put on....oh frivolous me.


I am eating chocolate covered strawberries at this moment, which I received yesterday from a church friend...mmmmmmmmmm!


I steam cleaned the carpets over the weekend and so, even though I haven't done my usual Monday cleaning, my house still looks good.


My babies are napping peacefully and the house is absolutely still...minus the sound of my fingers tapping away on the keyboard.


The weather is still absolutely HEAVENLY, breezy & 75 degrees.....blissful!


I've even had a chance to read a chapter from my latest book club book, the ORIGINAL Phantom of the Opera while snuggling with little L as he fell asleep.


Just now my sweet friend Jenny O. dropped off the most darling little dress for Baby B that her little girl has grown out of. I'm so excited cuz Jenny has GREAT taste.


And all is right with the world.


Happy Monday!

8 comments:

linda crandall said...

Wow ... how do I get one of those Mondays? :)

Fridays and Saturday's are my play days! Mondays are usually get back to work days!

Sounds like you had lots of fun ... good for you!

Allyson said...

You are so inspiring. What a great outlook on life, thanks for sharing. We just got back into town, so for me its a bit of Monday madness!

Marilyn said...

Glad you had a good day

Lisa said...

Good for you!! It sounds like HEAVEN!

Mari said...

Ooh, what a wonderful day! My day started off with my car entombed in a blanket of ice and snow... and it pretty much was that kind of monday all day long. Way to have a great day though!!

dustin and amy said...

What a great Monday! When's it my turn?

kristie said...

Wow! I could use a day like that. How do I get one?

Kassi Jane said...

that sounds like a pretty good day! I am jelious