Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy

31 years ago today I was a birthday present for a very special person, my Dad. I was the first, you see, and born only 5 days before his birthday, talk about an awesome present! ;)
Through the years my Dad has taught me much about life...especially hard work, persistence, a positive attitude, faith, family and forgiveness.
Not to mention the joy of shoe shopping. ;)
I love you Dad, thank you for the example you are to me.

Happy Birthday!

P.S. As I prepared to write this post, I discovered that the only pictures I have of you are carving the turkey at Thanksgiving...which, as you can see, leave a little to be desired. heeheehee. Watch out, my camera & I will be on the prowl!!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Love the picture!

Amy said...

AAhh! That's hilarious. Sooo Dad.

Marilyn said...

I think we are all realizing we don't have many photos of him. He appreciates your blog-even if he can't figure out how to find it!

linda crandall said...

Love the picture ... it reminds me of when your dad would come to Thanksgiving wearing some sort of funny hat :)

Good Times!

Allyson said...

You should blow that one up and frame it----so cute. And I will definately remember that you are armed!