Friday, January 18, 2008

Tag, I'm It....Part II

Ok so here's my next recipe to share. It is prepared in my BELOVED crockpot. I absolutely adore my crockpot. Would not get along without it. It is a MUST for any time starved, sleep deprived mommy like me....but I digress....behold...Teriyaki Pork Roast:

3/4 c. unsweetened apple juice
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. pepper
3 lb. boneless pork loin, halved
2 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
3 Tbsp. water

1. Combine apple juice, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic powder, and pepper in greased crockpot.
2. Add roast. Turn to coat.
3. Cover. Cook on low 7-8 hours. Remove roast & keep warm.
4. In saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in juice from roast. Bring to boil. Cook & stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast.

I serve this with brown rice for a healthy, delicious, EASY meal. Bon appetit!

4 comments:

Allyson said...

Holy cow....this looks soooo good....I'm definately going to do this one.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Marilyn said...

oh my heck-how long did it take you to "style" that photo! i think you have a new calling. does robin make fun of you every night? it looks so beautiful-i want to eat it.

LHammer said...

Yum Yum! Love your recipes and can't wait to try them. We love Hawaiian Haystacks too. Have you ever used Cream of Chicken with Herbs for the chicken part? Delicious!

kristie said...

Oh, that looks so good. I am looking for some new ideas for dinner. That will definetly be on the next menu I make. Do your kids eat it? I have a very picky eater.