Thursday, January 17, 2008

Tag, I'm It

Its my first tag! I've been tagged by Ally, the original family blogger, who has been waiting patiently for the rest of us to catch on....hey Ally it looks like it is FINALLY catching....actually spreading like wildfire is more like it...wooohooo!!

Anywhoo, I am supposed to be posting 3 of our favorite dinner recipes, BUT since my blog would cease to be MY blog without pictures, you will simply have to be patient & enjoy one recipe at a time until I can photograph a few more. ;)

Here's my first contribution...last night's blue plate special...Baked Parmesan Crusted Chicken. I got this recipe from my mother-in-law who used to make it better than I ever will. Everyone in our family LOVES it...even the kids gobble it right up!

2 c. Ritz crackers, crushed
1 tsp. seasoned salt (Lawry's)
8 oz. PLAIN yogurt
3 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
2 tsp. garlic powder
6-8 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (but I love to use chicken tenders....it makes it...well, just more tender! :))
1/4 c. melted butter
Combine crackers, Parmesan cheese, garlic & seasoned salt; set aside. Coat each piece of chicken with plain yogurt, then coat with crumb mixture. Arrange in greased baking dish. Drizzle butter over top. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
the secret: the tip my mother-in-law gave me was to soak the chicken in the yogurt over night or at least for the whole day prior to baking....mmmm tender & DELICIOUS.

1 comment:

Allyson said...

Yogurt huh.....seems a bit iffy! I hate dry chicken and it seems that is my special---DRY CHICKEN!!! oh my poor kids and husband they are doomed...maybe your recipe will help! Thanks