Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Chocoholics

So if you've checked out the "about me" portion of my blog, you may have noticed that I am a chocoholic. Hello, my name is Jen & I am a chocoholic....a SERIOUS chocoholic. As in, must have chocolate EVERY SINGLE DAY!! It may just be a few chocolate chips if I have nothing better, but I really, really need just a little bit of chocolate daily....the DARKER, the better!

Oddly enough, this trait skipped being passed to my daughter who would rather have vanilla ice cream (?!?!) & went straight to my son. Little man L is *almost * as big of a chocolate lover as I am.

We have some friends who are going through a bit of a rough time right now & so L & I decided to make them some cookies. Since we would be giving the bulk of them away, we decided on nice, rich, chocolaty Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies. Mmmmmmmmmmm. I don't make these often because they are pure chocolate with chocolate chips & nuts. These cookies greatly displease Daddy & Z who would MUCH rather eat sugar cookies. But for L & I, we were in pure heaven.

For you other chocolate lovers...here's the recipe (thanks to my sister-in-law C for sharing this recipe with me.)


Warning: These are DANGEROUS...I've already had more today than I'd care to admit. ;)



Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/4 c. flour
1/2 c. cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. butter
3/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 c. chopped walnuts or pecans
Mix dry ingredients. Cream butter & sugars. Add 1 egg at a time & then the rest of the ingredients. Bake 9-11 minutes at 375 degrees. Try not to eat all in one day. :)

2 comments:

Allyson said...

Strange, you say your a chocoholic, but I've never seen you at a meeting....Looks mmmm-good! I shall try them this weekend I think :-)

kristie said...

Jen! YOu need to stop talking about chocolate! I am trying to be good, but seeing the pictures of those cookies is making me want to break open my chocolate chips.