Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Order out of Chaos

So I got an email the other day from my sister telling me about how excited she was about cleaning out & organizing her kitchen cabinets & how she couldn't wait to tackle her office. I replied about how that was "my kind of fun" (direct quote) & how excited I was about having cleaned out my laundry room that day. Then I told her that we were a couple of nerds. Yup, nerds. We are dorky, organizational nerds.

Ok, I admit it!
I LOVE to organize. A clean, organized space for me is a thin slice of heaven. It puts my mind in such a peaceful place. In my dream home EVERYTHING would have a place & everything would be IN its place. Now I definitely DO NOT live in that world, nor will I probably EVER live there with lots o' little kids and a husband who is....ahem....organizationally challenged. (love you sweetie!)

So for my latest project I undertook the task of cleaning out my "junk" drawer. It had gotten REALLY out of hand. I loved this project because it was quick, easy & the results were awesome! Yes, for me, this really was fun....not work. I even used a gift card to buy the drawer dividers & I was EXCITED to use my gift card for that.

I may be a nerd, but I'm a happy one. (at least every time I look in my junk drawer) Hmmmmm....I think that drawer needs a new name....odds & ends drawer, handy tools drawer, tidiest space in the house drawer..... ;)

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I love it!!! I am trying to get organized. Unfortunately I don't think it is fun. I will think of you as I try to organize and try to have a better attitude... I love your blog!!

Marilyn said...

Wow-it looks awesome! Ha ha hee hee you inherited those genes from me-I like nothing better than to reorganize spaces....grandma calls it "sorting." She likes to "sort." Lisa has a blog now too.....

Allyson said...

I'm a NERD....a big NERD. I luv organization. I luv clean. I love neat and tidy. I even had a dream last night on how to organize my kids toys.
I like "tidiest space in the house drawer".....although if your house is like my house the "tidiest space in the house drawer" will soon be "the once upon a time, tidiest space in the house drawer"

kristie said...

I love to be organized too. I get hung up in doing it though. Right now I am aching to organize Owens room. The toys are just stacked against the wall. Do you have any toy storage solutions? I want something a one year old can reach. I don't want to have to get his toys out for him. Anyway, If you have ideas, I would love them!!!!

Allyson said...

You have been tagged! Go to my blog