Saturday, January 19, 2008

Tired

There are some days when I'm just soooooooo tired. Deeply, painfully, excruciatingly tired. Like today. I was up too late last night on a date with my sweetie & then L was up FIVE times in the night!! Sometimes it feels like I haven't been well rested since I had kids...actually even before that...since the first time I got pregnant!
So I am going to bed.

I'm feeling kinda how L was feeling here...its 5:00 p.m., I'm making dinner, he's lying at my feet & says:
L: "Mommy, how much longer before dinner?"

Me: "About 10 minutes buddy (have you noticed we call him this A LOT?)"

L: "Okay."

Moments later, he was asleep on the hard, cold kitchen floor. I get it though. Some days, like today, I could go to sleep on the kitchen floor too.

Goodnight!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

That is such an awesome picture Jen! Just like Little L to fall asleep right at your feet. He must have been really tired to fall asleep on that hard floor! Hope you get some rest tonight!

Allyson said...

ahhhh, I know that tired feeling. Although my children sleep through the night---usually, I remember all to well living on no sleep. Maybe a nap today? I hope so.

LHammer said...

I remember those days! Adam used to fall asleep WHILE he was eating dinner. We would laugh and laugh, and he would laugh too, while his eyes were closed and his head bobbed back and forth.

Sometimes I think we should have children when we hit our 50s. Both hubby and I seem to survive on about 6 hours a night or less. I'm sure L's grandma is the same--why don't you have her spend a few nights up with the kids! :-)