Monday, February 4, 2008

Resolutions

Soooooo, we've all been thinking about New Year's resolutions (ok I KNOW it's February...so maybe I'M the only one thinking of them right now) but, I, like many, am always ambitious and motivated come January 1st to change all areas of my life for the better...physical, financial, spiritual, emotional, relationships, etc, etc, etc. I make a huge list & fail miserably....

BUT not this year...this year I WILL succeed because I've come up with a new plan....the MONTHLY resolution. oooohs & aaaahs appreciated (along with one overall goal for the year--more on this later). This way I can focus on ONE thing per month & hopefully make whatever it is a habit (21 days to form a habit right???) AND THEN move on to something new the next month...adding a few little & a few big goals to improve the overall ME. Can you guess what January's goal was? (hint....you're reading it. ;) )

And now February has arrived & with my January goal accomplished (YEAH!!!) I move on to a new goal.....and this one's big-time...a return to the gym.

Yes, this month I am going to get off my rear end (not that I have any time to sit on it except for when I'm bloggin) & get moving....at least 3, but hopefully more like 5 times a week. Wish me luck!

(BTW I DID make it there today for a full hour of step aerobics---I AM WOMAN! HEAR ME ROAR!!---and moan due to sore muscles....)

4 comments:

Allyson said...

OH you are good....5 days WOW!!! I don't like the gym and more importantly the gym doesn't like me! I am proud of you though! Not sure you need the gym...I think you have always looked great. Sure glad you did the Jan. goal!

kristie said...

Hey, your resulotion is like mine. I joined curves. I tried Gold Gym last year and that was a failure!! I really like curves.

I like your way of setting goals. Maybe I should try that.

linda crandall said...

I have a similar goal, and it is to complete my initial goals I have set. Doesn't ever seem to work. Guess I need to find time! Good luck with your goals - sounds like a great idea!

Mari said...

Hey I'm totally with you on that! Tyson and I worked out yesterday for the first time in about five months and I've committed to continue. I like the monthly goal idea, good one!