Saturday, February 2, 2008

Having Her Cake...And Eating it Too

We made it through B's first birthday party. Whew! It was really fun actually, a beautiful sunny day & good times had by all. Since I am plain worn out from the festivities, I'll just share a few pics tonight & more details later on.
Traditionally we have given the baby a whole cake to do with as they wish on their first birthday, but daddy could not bear to have the large heart cake I made totally destroyed (read:more for him later), so we gave B a nice BIG slice & let her go to town (it is supposed to be the first cake they have ever tasted, but as little B is baby #3...well, lets just say it is certainly not her first treat).
This is my FAVORITE pic of the cake eating extravaganza...yes even with part of her face cropped off (probably cuz I love artsy stuff like that). I LOVE those little dimpled hands diggin in...DELICIOUS! (both the cake & those pudgy fingers!) :)




And who can resist this face? She didn't look at me ONE SINGLE time while eating her cake....man she makes me work for it!
Love you little B!

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Ahh, my favorite is also the one of her with her face cropped and her pudgy little hands...all my photos were the traditional full faced ones!

Mari said...

Oh goodness, everything you do is so cute!! I wish I lived close by so I could join in the festivities too! Looks like fun.

kristie said...

Looks like she enjoyed it. My kids have never really attacked the cake. Those are some great shots!

Amy said...

I want to learn photography so i can capture some stinkin cute pictures when I have kids! Sorry I missed the party!!

Allyson said...

Oh so cute....I love it when they take the first taste with a finger or two, after that its with fists....so fun!