Sunday, January 13, 2008

Grandma's Garden

There are times in life when we must live vicariously. Sometimes, it is just necessary. Case in point...Grandma's garden. I'd LOVE to have a garden in our backyard, BUT feasibly at this point....uh, not gonna happen. Someday....... BUT, for the time being, we are lucky enough to enjoy the "fruits" (haha, no pun intended) of Grandma's labor.

Plus the kids get to have a little "gardening" experience. Nothing is more fun that eating fresh fruits & veggies that have grown right before your eyes. They are SO much more delectable than the stuff we get at the store (even from our beloved Market!)


I never thought I'd see the day that MY kids would eat tomatoes like apples, but they all do....seriously....they LOVE tomatoes.











I do remember that my opinion of tomatoes changed when I was about 10-years-old & had my first fresh tomato from my Grandpa N's garden....mmmmmm...I can still taste it....a big slice with just a little salt. Yummy! After that I had a new view of tomatoes. BUT, I still don't eat them like apples...a girl's gotta have limits. ;)

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Wow-you make my little garden look so awesome...and those photos-again, over the top......and trust me, I have waited YEARS for this little garden plot-have faith-it too will happen!

Allyson said...

Cute pic's!! I too hope to have a garden some day. We had one growing up. It was always fun to see the seeds grow into edible yummies. Your mom definately has a green thumb!

Allyson said...

In response to the green grass....its fake and I LUV IT! No mowing, no weeds, no h2o, no seeding, no fertilizing.....just enjoying!!!!