Friday, January 11, 2008

Glamorous

Today Miss Z had a play date with her cousin, little L. Not only are Z & L cousins, but also GREAT friends. It has been such a treat for us because L's family lives just minutes away. After they had tired of playing ponies, jumping on the trampoline & eating left over candy canes, they decided to get REALLY girly by putting on "makeup" & painting their nails. So, foreseeing a possible mess, I sent them into my bathroom to primp....as far from carpet & furniture as possible. As the baby was napping & little man L was off on his own play date, I enjoyed a few quiet minutes folding laundry & answering emails. I suddenly realized that the girls were quiet, TOO quiet. I decided to go investigate. I discovered two very glittery & glamorous little girls who had not only covered themselves in sparkles, but the bathroom too! Oh well, you're only 5 once right?

Lookin' good girlies!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

You're such a great mom! So patient! The girls look simply gorgeous. I remember playing with Grandma's oodles of lipstick when I was little!

Allyson said...

I second that....you are a good mom! How fun for them. How fun for your kids to be close to cousins....I wish my kids had that.

By the way, I went to Target...somebody beat me to all the good deals, it was pretty picked over. But I did go to The Children's place and got sweaters and pants for next year...4 pieces for $12.00 cool! I luv a bargain!!!!

kristie said...

So, I want to know if you were as calm as you sound now when you first saw the mess? I have to remember to breath sometimes.