Sunday, February 17, 2008

I'm baaaaaaaaaaackk!

Come on, you know you missed me. ;)
I am now finally reentering the land of the living, finally feeling like myself again mostly minus the annoying drainage....yuck! I guess it is now time to shower consistently, get off the couch, out of my sweats & turn off the tube....I must say although I HATE being sick, it was kinda nice to just REST & relax for a bit. Thanks to my hubby, mom & sisters for taking the rugrats off my hands now & again so I could recover.....back to life, back to reality, back to the here & now...yeah! (who's singing along??? lol! showing our age)
And now I will post what I was meaning to a week ago...my date with little L....

(this is what I get when I ask him to go stand by the backdrop for a nice picture....soooo my son)

For Christmas my sister-in-law K (oh yeah I guess it was from my bro-in-law too...thanks to the "other" K...we love you too), anyways, the 2 K's got the kids each 2 tickets to go to a play. Rock on, what a fun gift! So L & I went to see "Goodnight Moon" last Saturday night. You know the book..."in the great green room there was a telephone, and a red balloon and a picture of the cow jumping over the moon." (betcha you moms have it memorized too--its a CLASSIC.)
We had a BLAST!

It was L's first venture to the theatre & I must say, minus the occasional threats to jump off the balcony ("no son you'd get REALLY hurt." "no I won't mommy." "uh, yes, YOU WILL." "lets just try it." "um, lets NOT!." "awww, ok."), he really did quite well. It was great fun to hang out...just the 2 of us. Wow, my kids are so FUN one-on-one....who'd a thunk it!?!
To top it off we grabbed a bite afterwards at In-N-Out....ahhhh yeah....cheeseburgers, fries & a chocolate shakes. L & I have VERY similar tastes...lucky me.Thanks for hangin with me Bubbalou!

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

yay-you're back! Yes, I am planning on scrapping the Peas incident!

linda crandall said...

Wow, guess we are the same age - cause I was singing! Sounds like you two had a blast!

I need to go on more dates with my kids. I have just been counting all of the dance recitals, scout events, band concerts, school events ... Well you get the picture!

It think it would be fun just to go on a date! Go Jen!

kristie said...

Looks like fine. Kids are fun one on one. I am glad your back. I was waiting by the computer for you! :-)

Allyson said...

Welcome Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaackk! I missed ya, and I am happy you are feeling better. Looks like you had a super fabulous time together. Can't wait to do that with Abby!