Saturday, January 26, 2008

Note to Self: Never EVER leave small children unattended with PAINT!

Ok, ok...so I should know this right? I am on child #3 after all...that should entitle me some insights into the inner workings of a child's mind. Right? Hmmmm, you would think so.

So I'm chatting away with my Mom on the phone...in my pj's...(it's just one of those days) & I tell her, "Oh it is so nice, the kids are playing so well together today. Z just pulled out the water colors & they are painting."

How precious...how peaceful, a camcorder moment, as brother & sister enjoy the pleasures of painting....together....amicably...WOW!

Surely I can run into the office to check out a blog or two as I continue to chat on the phone! Of course, what could go wrong, I'll only be gone a minute or two......
or ten.

Fast forward two, five, ten minutes...who knows....& YIKES!

"Oh no!"

"OOOOOOHHHHH! What happened to just using water colors?!?"

"OOOOOOHHHHH! Who found the tempura paint!?!"

"OOOOOOOHHHHH! Where are the paint brushes?!?"

"OOOOOOHHHH! What is that on the baby's mouth!?!"

Lucky for my children, being a blogger has made me a tad more reflective these days...so I take a breath, grab the camera & document the festivities.

Needless to say, the tempura paint has been hidden away...only to return when Mom is a little less....uhhhh.....distracted. :)

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

LOL! I am so impressed that Baby B Painted her mouth so perfectly with that red paint. You couldn't have done it better on photoshop!!! hee hee.

kristie said...

Isn't interesting the little things you have to think about with kids. I mean, leave an adult in the room with paint, and nothing. Leave a few kids alone, and watch out. I don't know about you, but part of me wants to be the kid who gets the paint everywhere and doesn't care.

Jessica said...

I am glad that I was not to blame. You weren't talking to me on the phone!! HA, i am sure that my kids will do this to me some day. Love the pictures.
-Jess

Allyson said...

You might have some future artists in your home.

I think its great that you were able to smile and document the whole ordeal :-)