Thursday, January 3, 2008

Kids Say the Darnest Things...

My little L is the chattiest 3-year-old boy I've ever met. He has been quite verbose for a LONG time which, at his age & for his gender, is pretty unusual. It is no surprise, therefore, that he & I have had some great discussions. He cracks me up on a daily basis.

For example, today while perusing the 99 Cent Only store, he says:

L: "Hey Mom, where do stomachs come from?"

Me: "Hmmmmmmm (doing some quick thinking here), they come from Heavenly Father buddy."

L: "Oh, (then he folds his arms & bows his head right there in the shopping cart & says:) Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for my stomach."

Now that's gratitude for ya. He is also always the one to shout out..."we forgot to say the prayer!!" before EVERY meal...at ANY location. We have had lots of blessings on the food in all kinds of places....McDonalds, parks, friends houses...you name it.

Thanks for being an example to me little man & for the record, I'm grateful for my stomach too. :)

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh my goodness, too precious-I am so glad you are doing this.

kristie said...

Kids are great aren't they. One moment they are driving you nuts, and the next they do something amazing cute like this. Thanks for letting me know about your blog.

Allyson said...

you mean Abby isn't the only one??? She is always asking why? where? How come? Aren't they fun! Great pictures!